Saturday, June 17, 2017

Miss you already (Lawn Fawn inspiration week)

Hi there!

Welcome to Lawn Fawn's June inspiration week! We're kicking things off with a closer look at Plane and Simple.

My Sofia is graduating elementary school! She went on her senior class trip a week ago, and I tucked this into her bag:

miss you already (Lawn Fawn inspiration week)


I just think that a mouse riding a paper airplane is the cutest! The bunny, from Upon a Star, is looking longingly at her mouse buddy (from Elphie Selfie.)

miss you already (Lawn Fawn inspiration week)

To make it look like the mouse is riding in the paper airplane, I stamped a second paper airplane and used scissors to cut an extra front panel. Once I adhered it on top of the mouse, it looked like he was really inside. I watercolored the area behind the mouse in a purple, so that it would pop against the blue of the background clouds.

To give color to the clouds, I simply dipped a brush into white pigment ink and colored the edges. I will definitely be doing this again!

miss you already (Lawn Fawn inspiration week)

I hope you like it! There's much more to see on the Lawn Fawn blog this morning - click!

♥.

2 comments:

  1. Elena, I absolutely love this card! The colors are amazing and the little mouse on the paper airplane is too cute. Plane and Simple was not on my wish list for this release, but now I think it will be at the top. Thank you for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete