Thursday, December 17, 2015

waffleflower guest post!

Hello there! 

I'm guesting with Waffleflower today!  I love a great aqua and red color combo for Christmas, don't you?

waffleflower guest post

I used a lot of the pieces from the Stocking Stamp Set to create a fun collage card with kind of a patterned paper feel.  I used sticky note paper, and die-cut the images that I would want to use. No stamping yet, just the matching die-cuts to the images I would be using. I then placed them randomly around the card front. Then, I used a sponge and some blue ink to add color to the background. While the masks were still in place, I splattered brown ink over the entire panel. I love peeling back the sticky paper to reveal crisp white, un-inked card stock!

The fun part comes next. I took all of the images and stamped them into the appropriate spaces. I colored all of the images in red, beige or white, even the little Christmas tree. Sticking to a tight color scheme helps to give a polished and stylized look to the card. To finish off the images, I added some highlights with a white gel pen. It adds a little pop!

The sentiment was heat-embossed onto a piece of kraft cardstock, and I added a tiny clothespin and red bow to the top.  

I hope you like what I created! Thanks for having me, Nina!

♥.

3 comments:

  1. This is just too cute! Love the fun background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute card and I really love the color combo ;o) Merry christmas to you and your family ;o) Happy crafting, Maike

    ReplyDelete