Tuesday, March 18, 2014

go on and celebrate {mama elephant stamp highlight}

Did the giant hand-lettering in the new Mama Elephant "make a wish" set knock your socks off when you saw it? It did that for me when I got it in the mail.  I adore this set.

go on and celebrate {mama elephant stamp highlight}

My photos are hit-or-miss these days, aren't they? bah. We're still getting snowy days in Montreal, but at least it's still somewhat light out at 6pm. Fingers crossed that coming up with a picture that matches the real life card gets a bit easier.... soon.

That being said, you'll have to squint to see some of the details in this card.  I stamped the big greeting twice: once in blush pink ink, and then shadowed over-top with a gold embossing.  The balloon and bunny were stamped in memento desert sand ink, and colored with the no-line coloring technique.  There was some bleeding (the balloon doesn't look perfectly circular) but I actually like that.  It looks hand-painted, and slightly vintage this way.

go on and celebrate {mama elephant stamp highlight}

I dotted the eyes back in with a copic multiliner pen, and used liquid appliqué for the pom pom on the party hat and his little bunny tail.  I still love that stuff, I can't help it.

Do you see how the bottom half of the sentiment overlaps the bunny?  It wouldn't have worked out if I stamped the bunny with a darker ink.

I hope you like it! Check out the ME blog for even more "make a wish" inspiration.

♥.

12 comments:

  1. I love this so much, Elena!!! I always think it can't get any better, then you come up with another genius card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elena, you are amazing! Your cards are outstanding! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i smile every time i see my name staring back at me from the comments :) thanks so much, Elena!

      Delete
  3. This is cute. Love the big sentiments and the sweet bunny

    ReplyDelete
  4. The coloring is fantastic and I LOVE the sentiment in gold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card and love the pom pom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SUPER CUTE Elena!!! Love..love this <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, how completely and utterly adorable. Beautiful work :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your no-line coloring on this card. It's so soft and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete