Sunday, March 16, 2014

celebrate! {lawn fawn inspiration week}

Welcome back to another day of lawn fawn's inspiration week! Today, we're showing off birthday tags.

celebrate! {lawn fawn inspiration week}

I used some of our polka paper as a belly-band on a gift box - I love the pop of color I got from that yellow print!  The tag was so much fun to make.  I actually showed my son all of the critter stamps and asked him to choose which one should become party-ready.  He went straight for the dino.  I kept the colors pretty primary (save the light mint on the banner and cupcake) and masked off every element except the party hat.  It was the perfect add-on after the project was already completed.  I stamped the greeting inside the dinosaur's body for a different look.  You see that on a lot of print-work.

Did you notice that the dinosaur's tail is cut out as part of the tag?  I channeled my inner JJ Bolton and shifted the tag around in my die-cutter so that I cut everything except where the tail sits.  I used a dinosaur die-cut to trace and then fussy-cut the area around the tail.  I think JJ would have die-cut that spot, but I was too chicken that I'd mess it all up at the very end.

Check out the lawn fawn blog for more amazing birthday tags!

♥.

10 comments:

  1. Love your birthday tag. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sweet tag.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eek! This is so super cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! Coloring - incredible!! Fun level - off the charts! Die cut skills - JAW DROPPING!! The tail part is such an awesome bonus aspect of the tag! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! I do love his tail coming off the tag. Way to make JJ proud!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun your
    Dino tag is!
    Lovely colors.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm new to your blog, but love your Lawn Fawn cards. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. J'ADORE cet emballage ! :)

    ReplyDelete