Monday, February 24, 2014

red hearts first birthday.

I know this post is gonna seem a little out of season, but it was perfectly timed when we celebrated my niece's 1st birthday a day after Valentine's.

red hearts birthday.

My sister and I planned and baked a very tiny celebration for the tiniest (and cutest) one-year-old.  Seriously, she weighs in at only 15 pounds and is the daintiest little lady.

red hearts birthday.

I knew we needed a solid prop or background to ground our party table.  This one cost me 1$, and took up under 2 hours of my time.  I cut a heart-shape out of a large cardboard box we had in our garage (the backside shows off the Sharp tv we recently bought for our basement) and I covered it in layers of fringed crepe paper.  You know the roll of streamers you can buy for 1$?  I went to town on the roll with my Martha Stewart fringe scissors and then taped down layers, starting at the bottom, and working my way to the top.  I lopped off the bottom of the heart so that it would stand up straight on the dessert table.

red hearts birthday.

The easiest trifle-topping banner, thanks to my silhouette cutter.

red hearts birthday.

mmmm.... trifle....

red hearts birthday.

a chocolate mold and red candy melts made for very cute cupcake toppers.

red hearts birthday.

I also used the same red chocolate hearts on my batch of sugar cookies, and Melissa piped red hearts onto her white cake pops.  Try as we might, perfectly round cake pops are the impossible dream... haha.

red hearts birthday.

red hearts birthday.


All of the paperie was created so simply: I used wplus9's knit stamps, lawn fawn's heart dies, and their quinn's abcs.

red hearts birthday.

The favors were created by spraying the lids of Amelia's baby food jars, filling them with Valentine candy, and sealing them with a simple tag.

red hearts birthday.

I hope you like this peak into Amelia's first birthday!

♥.


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful party! That trifle looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet birthday! The treats look delicious and the decorations are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic party ensemble! All the treats look so yummy! Happy Birthday Amelia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where's the pic of sweet Amelia?! Love the baby jar favors. Cute ideas here as always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, she's blurry and snotty in all of my pictures. i checked with Melissa, and pretty much thr same there. there's no getting a one year old to sit still!

      Delete
  5. Wish I"m as talented as you. What a great party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erm...can you come over here and do my wedding for me? #yourock :)

    ReplyDelete