Monday, December 30, 2013

My 2013 favorites.

2013 was quite the year!  Before I try to lose the 10 pounds that I lost and then re-gained this past year, and move into new (and exciting) crafty ventures, let's take a look back.  There have been so many projects this past year that I look back on with pride and thankfulness, and I'd love to share them with you.

My favorite card of the year.  Just Me Prints is primarily a card-making blog, so it only makes sense to start here.


I still love this card so much.  It was inspired by the oscar-nominated movie "Life of Pi" and the making of this card was a creative journey in and of itself.  I also got to work with my friend, Marlyn, who made matching cookies.  Anytime I get to work with Marlyn is a good day.

I love throwing and crafting parties.  My favorite party of the past year was our 10th anniversary party.


I crafted a lot of little details, weaving doilies and soft charm throughout, but my favorite element was the scroll of vows I wrote out in the middle of the room:

I also started doodling a bit this year.  I can't draw "from scratch" - I need to look at a picture to be able to draw things that have any kind of scale, but I surprised myself and hope to continue to develop as an artist this year.  My favorite drawing is this one that I framed for my girls' room.

My favorite gift packaging.  When my eight-year-old Sofia had her double-knee surgery this past fall, I baked "pill" sugar cookies and wrapped them for each of the nurses who were caring for her.  The nurse image is so cute!

My favorite sewing project. Who knew a felt burger could be so cute:

I was published a few times in 2013!  My favorite publication was an owl-y party invite.  RSVP to "the mummy" still cracks me up.

And, lastly, if blog visits are any indication, here was YOUR favorite project of 2013:


Thank you for stopping by my blog and I hope you've enjoyed this look back.  Come back on January 1st - I will have a special post with a giveaway to start the new year!

♥.







15 comments:

  1. What an amazing year you've had chick!! This post is very accurate in the sense that there is a bit of all the types of different things you've done, and each one of them done amazingly well might I add!! I wish you all the best for an amazing 2014 - I know your adventures will be fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful!! my fave is that stunning anniversary party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great collection of 2013 items! Fun read :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elena, you are amazingly talented. I love all of your 2013 favorites. I can't wait to see what 2014 has in store for you. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are amazing and I am lucky to know you! Gorgeous, gorgeous stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous projects, one and all, Elena!
    Your blog is one of my very favourites to visit ... I always leave inspired!
    Wishing you a fabulous 2014, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great wrap up of the year Elena! Your projects are very inspiring, thanks you for sharing your talent with us :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elena what a fabulous year end wrap up. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all of these projects! Beautiful!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elena, I enjoyed each one of your posts this year, you are so creative! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The are all great. I am a big fan of your work especially your parties. I hope you have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing year you had...so many wonderful creations. I love your parties...so much fun. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So Awesome Elena! You are one talented gal! Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry I am so late--this is a wonderful retrospective. You had an amazing and crafty year. Here's to all the new projects you will make in 2014.

    ReplyDelete