Saturday, March 16, 2013

inspired by mom.

you inspire me, mom


I made one for dad the other day.  So, it was only fair to make one for mom too, for my first Saturday Creations post of the month with Precious Remembrance.

you inspire me, mom

I stamped the square heart image 4 times (from the new "mom & dad" set), and just eyeballed the distance between each.... such a lazy stamper.  It you want yours to look perfect, just use a ruler ;)

The "mom" banner is a bit of a cheat, too.  I stamped the "mom" rectangle, cut 2 fish-tail-banner edges, and just tucked them underneath.

The extra "you inspire me" sentiment is from my all-time favorite Precious Remembrance set: Positive Thoughts.

you inspire me, mom

Oh, and the glitter?  it's shiny.  I flicked on some watered-down white glue and then sprinkled on the gold glitter.  (Tip:  I got my glitter on, and then stamped the "you inspire me" sentiment.  Because some glitter found it's way right under the quad of hearts, I stamped it left-justified, instead of centered like I was originally planning. You gotta just roll with the punches.  I like it better this way.)

Thanks for stopping by!

ps, mommy - if you're reading, just forget all about this card for a bit.... you'll see it again in May :)

8 comments:

  1. Um, wow. Floored. This is absolutely, 100% stunning. Amazing Elena!!! And great tip about flicking on watered down glue then adding glitter - I have got to try that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elena, I love this card brilliant job, I too never measure its hand made right:):). I like the splashes of sparkle. Thanks so much for sharing and hope your having a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Your mom will surely love it! And the glitter technique is totally cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty!! love your banner trick;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! The glitter spatters are fantastic and I love the 'cheat' on the mom banner. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute little design here, Elena, and I love the colors you've chosen!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, Elena! You are so talented, my friend!

    ReplyDelete