Saturday, June 30, 2012

With a little help from our friends...

I just recently joined the Lawnscaping DT, and am still getting to know the lovely girls on the team... one of the sweetest, kindest ladies - Christiana - has just had her home broken into.  As a new friend, my heart broke when I read about all the stuff they took from her sanctuary, but also... the aftermath:  the violation of monsters entering your home, going through your personal belongings and making you feel like you'll never be safe again...

We're making cards for Christy,  but more than that, we would like to gift her with some money - not only to help her catch her breath from all the insurance dealings, but also to help her remember that there is more good in this world than cruelty.

If you'd like to help out, there is a pay pal button on my side-bar... and no amount is too small.  We're calling this "operation safe & sound" :)

To see a full list of participants (and their cards!) click over to either the lawnscaping blog or a blog named hero.

Thank you for reading!

5 comments:

  1. I really love this card! :> So fun and great pp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your friend. Your card today is wonderful, and full of cheer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elena, as a longtime fan of yours, I can't tell you what an honor it is to see that you made a card especially for me to lift my spirits, which is exactly what this beautiful creation did. You girls are so wonderful, I just can't begin to express the extent of my gratitude. My family and I are forever in your debt and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts. I hope that you'll mail this card to me. It's one I'd like to cherish and keep as a reminder of this outpouring of love and support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Just beautiful. Thanks so much for participating in our Operation!

    ReplyDelete