Sunday, April 17, 2011

eat your veggies, kid.


We're tired of whining, pleading, bribing, threatening, etc. with Sofia to get her to eat her veggies.

This bad boy is getting tucked into her lunchbox tomorrow... think it'll do the trick?  ha.  Hopefully it will, in the very least, put a smile on her face.

She drew me a picture of a broken heart today, and told me every time we "make" her eat her vegetables, she feels like her heart is breaking.  Cry me a river, kid.  And also, let me give you a huge hug so you don't notice that I'm cracking up behind your back.

For this card, I used Vegtastic - I can't get enough of those Paper Smooches cuties!  I first stamped the trio of veggies in Versamark ink to create a background on my kraft cardstock, then stamped them again on patterned paper and snipped them out.  The notebook die-cut was stamped and clear-embossed with the "order form" image from PTI's It's official.  Cute, right?  I'm imagining she'll order veggies.  And eat them.  It's a nice dream :)

My little "with love" sentiment on the bottom is also from Vegtastic - but I added the comma by hand and also handwrote m-o-m in the little circles.

Here's a closer-up look:


The E-A-T letters were die-cut and then stamped with PTI's gingham image - also been using that pattern on everything.  The message on the card is pretty clear, right?  In-your-face veggies, veggie-background, e-a-t+arrow pointing to veggies... clear enough for even the almost-6-year-old?

3 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS!!! Your daughter sounds like the cutest con-artist out there!I love that she tried to talk you out of veggies because of her "broken heart!" Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Sofia is the cutest little drama queen. Who else would think to say such a think? p.s. I love your card. Genious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed - I like this one a lot. I think it's making me hungry for a salad.

    ReplyDelete